International Gardens Will Be Celebrated February 28 - March 3 at the 2013 Nashville Lawn & Garden Show
Operations director from Domaine de Chantilly, France, among the free presenters
24th annual Nashville Lawn & Garden Show on Thursday, February 28, through Sunday, March 3, 2013, at the Tennessee State Fairgrounds. The theme for this year’s show is Jardins du Soleil, French for ‘Gardens of the Sun’, and will feature gardens of internationally inspired designs.
The show’s centerpiece will be an acre of live gardens featuring showcasing thousands of spring flowers, plants, waterfalls, fountains, trellises, gazeboes, and outdoor living spaces. More than 125 exhibit booths will offer horticultural products and services, outdoor living décor, gardening equipment, plants, flowers and more. A floral design gallery will spotlight the creativity of more than 20 of Middle Tennessee’s award-winning floral designers.
The show also offers the opportunity to hear free presentations by horticultural, landscape design, and gardening experts. This year’s featured speaker is Frédéric Nancel, Operations and Events Director for the Chateau de Chantilly near Paris, France.
The Domaine de Chantilly features historical buildings from the Middle Ages to the XIX century, a castle with an extensive art collection 2nd only to the Louvre, historic stables with equestrian competitions and events, and wonderful examples of occidental gardens from the XVIIth, XVIII and XIX Centuries.
The gardens have played a central part in the construction of various castles and buildings of the Domaine de Chantilly. Nancel will discuss ‘It was a Garden Before a Castle’ and ‘Today’s Use of a Historical Garden’ on Friday, March 1, and Saturday, March 2, at 1:00 p.m.
Among the popular speakers returning to the 2013 show are Jack Carman, author and wildflower expert, who will discuss Wild Lilies and Orchids of Tennessee; Jeff Poppen, The Barefoot Farmer, from Long Hungry Creek Farm, in Red Boiling Springs, TN; and Rita Randolph, Rita’s Rare Plants, from Jackson, TN.
“The 2013 Nashville Lawn and Garden show will be unlike any show we’ve done before. While we continue to honor the southern gardener, we hope this show will bring a little bit of international flare to the show’s designs”, said Randall Lantz, co-manager of the show that is produced by the non-profit Horticultural Association of Tennessee. “Gardens like those found in England and France are world-renowned and we look forward to giving many of those designs some southern exposure.”
The Nashville Lawn and Garden Show annually attracts more than 18,000 people from throughout the Midsouth region. All events are indoors; parking at the Tennessee State Fairgrounds is $5.00. The show is fully handicapped accessible. Tickets can be purchased at www.nashvillelawnandgardenshow.com or day-of-show at the Fairgrounds.
For additional information, call the Nashville Lawn & Garden Show office at 615-876-7680 or visit www.nashvillelawnandgardenshow.com.
24th Annual Nashville Lawn and Garden Show
- DATES: Thursday, February 28, thru Sunday, March 3, 2013
- HOURS: Thursday – Saturday 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.; Sunday 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- PLACE: Tennessee State Fairgrounds, Nashville. All events are indoors. PARKING: $5.00
- FEATURES: Live gardens, free lectures, floral design gallery, and 125 exhibit booths featuring horticultural products and services, gardening and lawn equipment, outdoor living decor, and a variety of plants, seeds and bulbs.
- ADMISSION: Adults $10.00; Seniors (age 65 & up) $9.00; Children (12 & under) $1.00; Four-day Show Pass $15.00. Tickets can be purchased on-line.
- DISCOUNTS: Discount coupons will be available beginning February 4. NOTE: Discount coupons and offers cannot be combined.$1.00 discount coupons for admission available at participating branch locations of Regions Bank, the show sponsor. A $1 per ticket discount is available for groups of 15 or more adults when purchased in a block at the ticket window.
- ACCESSIBILITY: Fully handicapped accessible.
- FOOD/BEVERAGES: Available in the Café and at concessions.
- INFORMATION: 615-876-7680 or www.nashvillelawnandgardenshow.com